Writing For Us
We often get asked what kind of writing we want and how to get started.
Much of our work is centred around specific projects and commissions, but we are happy to receive stories or other contributions about sport at any time.
Just send them to us at email@example.com with some background about you and the story and we'll get back in touch.
Writing your Sporting Story
Tip #1 Getting started – if you want to write something but don’t know where to start, why not do some sport and write some notes about it immediately afterwards. That could form the outline of a story of the event.
Tip #2 Write down the answers to these questions, and build up a story this way – remember to add some human interest and emotion.
- Who are you?
- Where are you from?
- What is your first memory of doing or watching sport?
- Are you sporty now?
- Which sport do you have a story about?
- Write about a match, or game, or competition, or class.
- Describe a particular moment that sticks in your mind.
- Did you win? Or lose? Or just take part?
- How did you feel after the match, or game, or competition, or class?
- What are you going to do next? Will you continue this sport? Will you try another?